The 2020 Conference on Labour, Employment and Work (LEW 2020) was scheduled to be held in conjunction with the 15th Australian and New Zealand Third Sector Research Conference, at Victoria University of Wellington’s Pipitea Campus, 25, 26 and 27 November.
Unfortunately, due to the uncertain environment created by the COVID-19 pandemic we have postponed the conference and it will be held in November 2022.
The biennial conferences hosted by CLEW and ANZTSR have a unique focus on bringing together academics and research with policy makers and practitioners. The LEW conference has been key to discussions about the labour market, work, and workplaces for 30 years. The ANZTSR conference has been important for facilitating discussions about third sector organizations, volunteering, and philanthropy. In 2020, these two conferences come together to generate cross-sector insights into good work and the impact it can have for communities, industries, and organisations.
The theme of this conference is ‘Good work and its impact’. Papers are invited from academics in all relevant disciplines, researchers in public or private organisations, researchers from third sector organizations and voluntary associations, and independent researchers. The conference organisers especially encourage submissions on the following themes:
- job quality/good work;
- the role of the third sector in work and employment;
- work in indigenous organisations and indigenous perspectives on work;
- the regulatory environment;
- developing people and capability;
- organisational structures and management;
- third sector accounting and accountability;
- sustainable communities and work;
- volunteering and internships;
- social enterprise and social impact, particularly on work and employment;
- workplace health, safety and wellbeing;
- employee/volunteer engagement and representation;
- migration and work;
- gender, gender identity, and sexuality in the workplace
- work and caring
- third sector/government relationships: co-production and collaboration
- philanthropy, funding and transparency
- sustainable work in the third sector
The contribution of post-graduate research students is strongly encouraged. Specific post-graduate sessions will be included in the conference to provide an opportunity for students in the area of labour, employment and work and third sector organisations to network and share research in workshops.
We also invite research centres, institutes and independent researchers to submit proposals for streams or workshops around their current research on ‘good work and its impact’. Submissions should reflect current or recently completed research with relevance to labour, employment and/or work and/or third sector organisations in New Zealand or Australia. Stream and/or workshops proposals should include a brief desciption of the proposed stream and/or workshop and contact details of the organisers. Papers will be selected in relation to their general interest both in topic and approach.
LEW & ANZTSR Conference Organizing Committee
Ushi Ghoorah Hurrychurn
All enquiries to email@example.com